My New Year’s Resolutions for 2016

second March two thousand sixteen

Better late than never!

I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I published this post with my New Year’s resolutions for 2015, but after looking back, I’m actually pretty proud of my efforts to keep them (well most of them anyway – I’m still annoyingly indecisive). 
And after your amazing feedback on that post, I thought I’d share them again this year to a) inspire you and hopefully find out some of yours in the comments and b) help myself stick to them now that I’ve put them up on the WWW. 
1. MAKE CHRONICLES OF HER BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER
I’m carrying this one over from last year because it’s a work in progress and it’s also what I’m spending most of my time on right now – WATCH THIS SPACE!


*** Also, make sure you sign up to my mailing list above because completely NEW and EXCITING things are about to happen here and, trust me, you’ll want to know about it!
2. PERSPECTIVE
This is a really important one. A lot can be gained by simply changing your perspective. For example, changing the words ‘I don’t have time to’ to ‘it’s not important to me’ really helps me realise that the things I’m skipping (like exercise and taking time to chill) are often the most important!

3. PODCASTS, PODCASTS AND MORE PODCASTS
Sad but true fact: I spend most of my time on social media or glued to a laptop screen (like most Millennials!). If I had a dollar for every hour I’ve spent scrolling my Instagram feed (or searching for the right Emoji!) I’d be Beyoncé. So this year it’s all about podcasts (at least then I’ll be learning something in my spare time!). Some of my favourites are Serial, Ted Radio Hour and Stuff You Should Know.
Know any other good ones? Tell me in the comments!
4. WEAR MORE THAN 20% OF MY WARDROBE
Put your hand up if you’re guilty of buying something new, then finding it sitting in your wardrobe a month later with the tag still on?
 ? (<—- me). It’s easy to get stuck in a routine of wearing the same pieces in your wardrobe on rotation, but I’m going to try and mix it up. Because, really, if you’re only wearing 20% the other 80% should go… And like, that’s not happening. 
5. BIG DREAMS & BABY STEPS
I usually let reality and my subconscious get in the way of allowing myself to have really, big, scary dreams. But this year I’m trying something different – dream big, write it down, and then act on it. This usually means starting with baby steps, but I’ve realised it’s always better to start somewhere than nowhere at all!
6. BELIEB IT
Confession: I’m a Belieber (Sorry?). And at some point I WILL land myself tickets to the Purpose world tour and be one of those screaming, crying girls down the front (don’t judge). 
7. MORE ROOFTOP HANGS IN NYC
… Because, why not?
Wearing:
Toni Maticevski dress | Springcourt sneakers (FYI, the best!)| Preen sunglasses
Photographer:
Meghan Hosie
Special thanks to Kristian and Sam for the loan of this epic rooftop, and my talented friend Meghan for capturing the magic!


*P.S. ‘Scuze the windswept hair – it’s the best we could manage sans hair and makeup artist with a small team of two including myself (especially considering we’re both terrible climbers and scarred of heights!). 

**P.P.S. I did an amazing shoot with Buro 24/7 Australia that you need to see! Click here to see it (and Gucci, and Proenza, and Burberry, and DIAMONDS!).

MOST READ

  1. Love your resolutions! They are not the typical one which I love. My favorite (and will try to adapt myself) are 2. (it's really all about perspective and can have such a huge impact) 3. (thanks for the great podcast tips) and 5. (this is a big one! Never give up on your dreams and accept that it is a lot of baby steps)
    Very excited to see where you will take chronicles of her <3

    http://www.bshujewelry.com/

  2. It's never too late to make resolutions and yours are quite untypical which I love. I have a blog myself too and I'm well aware that I can't commit as much as you do (the numbers speak for themselves). You've been doing an amazing job here! I usually don't comment that much but I've been following you for quite a while and believe me when I say yours is one of my favourite blogs out there. Maybe I should adopt your first resolution…but 2. and 5. are definitely growing on me.

    Can't wait to see what's next for your and TCOH!

    xx Sara
    http://www.thecitified.com

  3. I love love these pictures, you look beautiful as always, I have to say that you blog makes feel so inspired.
    My resolution is to focus on my street style photography and I believe I'm doing pretty good.
    I love Serial podcast, I think you could enjoy "Modern love" it is a podcast from a lovely New York times column, try it.
    Have an amazing evening.
    Glamoury Armory Blog

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *