Proenza Schouler are the masters of effortless cool. Their most recent collection oozed it – right down to the smooth, yet tousled and textured locks worn by the models on the catwalk (see it here).
I set out to find a way to get this look at home – sans any overdone, fake looking GHD curls.
A water spray bottle
2 section clips
A hair dryer
1. Start with clean hair. Use a comb to brush hair back and separate into an uneven part.
2. Smooth down each side and secure with a sectioning clip. Put tissue underneath to avoid the clips making a kink in the hair. Clipping this hair down tight also helps to keep the top section smooth.
3. Use the water spray bottle to dampen the ends of your hair (from the bottom of your ear down). Tip: you want your hair damp, not soaking wet, so don’t go too crazay! Spray Aveda Style Prep spray liberally through the ends and then comb it through.
4. To help with creating texture, spray De Lorenzo Sea Salt Styling Spray through the ends and scrunch your hair with your hands as you go.
5. Divide bottom hair into sections (about 6 – 8 sections depending on hair thickness). Starting with the front section, twirl hair outwards (away from the face) and hold it there tightly as you run the blowdryer over it until almost dry. Continue with the other sections, and repeat until you can see the waves forming.
6. Run your fingers through the end sections of your hair to loosen the twists and make the soft waves sit properly. Remove clips, and run a small amount of Moroccanoil Treatment over the top of your hair to tame any frizz.
7. Finish the look with Aveda Air Control hair spray. This is my favourite because it’s super light. It keeps hair in place without creating a sticky coating or weighing it down!
Photos by Nicole Cooper.
Have a great week! If you try this, make sure you Tweet me a photo. I wanna see!